cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XXL-Objects in SAC

joerg_baumann
Explorer

Hello

has someone made experiences with XXL-Objects (created in a BW4/HANA) in SAP analytics cloud, like how to integrate and use it?

Thanks

Jg

View Entire Topic
rogerheckly
Explorer
0 Kudos

We opened about three weeks ago an OSS to SAP, we followed the mentioned Note etc. but were not able to display the pictures and XXL text in SAC, only the URL was shown. So still waiting on SAP to provide a solution.

I'd like the idea of having such binary objects in BI and be able to display in the dashboard - if it works.

joerg_baumann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roger, I like the idea as well. Following the mentioned note means

1. Create a Story based on Live BW Connection with XXL attributes
  2. Insert in a table the XXL Attribute, a URL is shown instead of the image
  3. This feature needs to be enabled in the tenant (by the basis team or SAP like Debjit wrote?

and this is also valid for documents Word, Excel and text?

joerg_baumann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roger, did you already get an answer from SAP? You wrote that in your case it concerned picures, texts. Do you know if it concerns documents (word, excel, pdf...) as well?

rogerheckly
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg

We are looking on priority for XXL texts. SAP mentioned, the note is only about pictures and not text. Still in discussion with SAP.

rogerheckly
Explorer

SAP answered with the comment: today in SAC only Images are supported, no text. The note 3040936 - Display Picture from XXL Info Object shows URL instead of picture in SAP Analytics Cloud (... only covers the images.

I have created a feature request here:
https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/284257

So please like it and forward this to anybody who wants to use finally XXL texts also in the reporting.