cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using camera app on Windows 10 Tablet from SAPUI5 web app

Fahmaih
Participant
0 Kudos

On shopfloor we use rugged Windows 10 tablets (Getac T800) with SAP Fiori Client for our SAPUI5 logistic apps. In a new web application we use the UploadCollection (sap.m.UploadCollection) to upload photos from the tablet to our DMS. In desktop mode (in Google Chrome) the upload collection opens a FileOpenDialog to select a picture from the file system. On an Android device it opens a dialog window to choose either the camera app or the camera roll to take/select a picture. On the Windows 10 tablet I would expect the camera app, but it only opens the FileDialog.

Fiori Client and Edge browser have access to the camera (Chrome is a Win32 application) and the system is in tablet mode, but it does not care and always shows the FileDialog. Is this a problem in our configuration? How can we take pictures (not only one) directly from our SAPUI5 app, collect them and upload them together to our DMS in the backend system?

I have already tested some other web apps and its always the same behavior, except of this sample from microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/4028647/windows-open-the-camera-in-windows-10

This sample opens the camera app when we push the button in Edge and in Chrome. We need the same in our SAPUI5-App.

Thanks in advance for every help.

flotxi
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi, I am facing the same issue... Did you find any solution? Thanks and best regards, Florian
View Entire Topic
flotxi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue... Did you find any solution?

Thanks and best regards, Florian