Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between Portal and Ramco system

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a client requirement where SSO should happen between Ramco and Active8 (.Net based) systems from Portal.

PERNR is used in this system as id whereas portal login id is different so we need to pass this PERNR while doing SSO.

--> I read that SAML2.0 can be implemented for the same (checked SSO doc for success factors as well).Is it similar to success factors or something different is required?

--> Also how to pass PERNR information for user mapping to this system

--> What are the pre-requisites and information required from Ramco/Active 8 team for doing the SSO?

Request input on what all steps are needed for implementing the same.

Portal Version: EP 7.4 (installed on Unix)

Thanks in advance.

Priyanka

View Entire Topic
hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are doing good.
The best option would be to use SAPSSOEXT. Please first have a look at the options mentioned in:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/12/9f244183bb8639e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Also, make sure that you are on the latest SAPSSOEXT as mentioned in note 1929803. SAPSSOEXT contains example coding, as well as example data - please first verify your solution with the sample data provided with SAPSSOEXT.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for your quick response.

I actually checked with the Ramco team and they can use SAML2.0 for doing the SSO. Ramco will act as the service provider here. My understanding is SSO steps should be similar to what we do in SuccessFactors.

However I want to confirm on few things:

-->Do we need any additional set up here?

-->Also do we need to share IDP endpoint, SLO parameters from portal end to ramco?

It will be very helpful if you can provide some link/guide mentioning the overall steps needed.

Thanks in advance.

Priyanka