cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5 Table bound to OData Service - Only retrieves 500 entries

0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I have a SAPUI5 application that displays data from an Odata service in a sap.m.Table. Everything was fine as long as I had less entries than 500 which seems to be a limit, because it is not retrieving any further entries. How can I change that?

I would be fine by only displaying the 500 most recent entries, but right now, I get the 500 least recent ones. The data is from SAP's IoT service by the way.

This is how I bind the table to the Odata service. I tried to include "orderBy" in the path, but that didn't work at all.

<Table id="table" width="auto" items="{ path: '/T_IOT_8FD62A267991E0349BDE', sorter: { path: 'C_TRAININGDATE', descending: true}" growing="true" growingScrollToLoad="true">

Do you have any ideas how to either change the limit or retrieve the recent entries?

Thanks in advance!

View Entire Topic
former_member221786
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ulrich,

normally there is a default limit to an oData Model which is set to 100 entries.

Could be the case that you limit right now is 500.

Try setting length parameter to your binding and check if you can get more entries this way.

Should look like this:

<Table id="table" width="auto" items="{ path: '/T_IOT_8FD62A267991E0349BDE', sorter: { path: 'C_TRAININGDATE', descending: true}, length: 1000}" growing="true" growingScrollToLoad="true"

I wrote an blog article about this topic so if you're interested you can check it out here:

http://fiori.acando-live.de/2018/04/13/top-100-datenbegrenzung-des-models-aendern/

Hope this helps!

Greetings,
Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hey Sebastian,

thanks for having a look! Unfortunately, that didn't change anything at all. Is there a way to include an "orderBy" statement? That would be very helpful as well.

Best,

Ulrich

former_member221786
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ulrich,

from Frontend point of view it looks fine with parameters length and sorter.
Maybe they are not processed in the Backend?

Can you show the request in the network trace of your browser?
This should point us to the right direction.

Greetings,
Sebastian