cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP not running, disp+work, Dispatcher, GRAY, Stopped, , , 7670

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to install an ABAP AS environment on OpenSuSE 42.3 as per this link: https://blogs.sap.com/2017/09/04/newbies-guide-installing-abap-as-751-sp02-on-linux/.

When i try to start SAP with the npladm account i receive the following output:

Checking syb Database Database is running ------------------------------------------- Starting Startup Agent sapstartsrv OK Instance Service on host vhcalnplci started ------------------------------------------- starting SAP Instance ASCS01 Startup-Log is written to /home/npladm/startsap_ASCS01.log ------------------------------------------- /usr/sap/NPL/ASCS01/exe/sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 01 -function Start Instance on host vhcalnplci started Starting Startup Agent sapstartsrv OK Instance Service on host vhcalnplci started ------------------------------------------- starting SAP Instance D00 Startup-Log is written to /home/npladm/startsap_D00.log ------------------------------------------- /usr/sap/NPL/D00/exe/sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 00 -function Start Instance on host vhcalnplci started

Which looks good i think. However, when i run ss -nlp | grep 3300 or ss -nlp | grep 3200, nothing shows up.

When i run sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetProcessList i get this:

08.04.2018 19:57:12 GetProcessList OK name, description, dispstatus, textstatus, starttime, elapsedtime, pid igswd_mt, IGS Watchdog, GREEN, Running, 2018 04 08 19:30:32, 0:26:40, 7671 disp+work, Dispatcher, GRAY, Stopped, , , 7670

I assume this is why I can't access SAP. How can I start disp+work or find out why it is not starting?

Kind regards,

Sven.

BJarkowski
Active Contributor

Please provide your dev_disp and dev_w0 log files. They are located somewhere in /usr/sap/NPL/DXX/work

View Entire Topic
former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

I am suffering from the same situation, after having successfully installed NPL on openSUSE within VirtualBox on Windows 10 Pro. Is there any help around?

former_member230159
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Heiner,

What is the output of command: sapcontrol -nr XX -function GetProcessList ?

Is the dispatcher in stopped status?

If yes please attach dev_disp + dev_disp.old trace file here.

Regards,

Manjunath Hanmantgad

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manjunath Hanmantgad,

the problem came up with nw abap trial version 751 on openSUSE Leap 15.0 within VirtualBox 5.2.14. Since then I uninstalled that and installed on openSUSE Leap 42.3. With this, the problem did not come up.

Sorry that I cannot attach the trace file any more (that might have given some insight of the internals).

Kind regards, Heiner

LinkinP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Heiner,

I am having the same issue, so I plan to uninstall openSUSE Leap 15.0 and move to 42.3. But can you tell me the uninstall process that you followed ? Did you uninstall SAP and then openSUSE or you just uninstalled OpenSUSE Leap 15.0 and install 42.3 and SAP started working on 42.3 ?