cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IRPA 2.0 Error on SAP GUI & Excel

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In the bot there is an issue on closing the excel.

The bot works fine on my machine with my SAP user but it has to work on another machine with another SAP user. And the issue is happening on that machine with that user.

When it tries to close the excel, it closes the SAP GUI and therefore it can't continue.

I added the automation part where it closes the excel. Before that part there is some SAP GUI activities and then there is some excel activities and then this part comes with the excel closing. And there is a start application again just to be sure that bot is on the GUI again.

Like i said it works fine on my machine with my user but it also has to work on another machine with another user.

Has anyone had a similar problem and know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Efe

View Entire Topic
former_member638425
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,
When you use the Open Excel Instance activity in your automation, you must always add either the Release Excel Instance activity or the Close Excel Instance activity to your automation to properly close Excel.

But sometimes, Excel is not properly closed after an automation job.

For example, your automation contains the Open Excel Instance activity, but it does not end with either the Release Excel Instance activity or the Close Excel Instance activity because:
  • You have not added one of these activities at the end of your automation or,
  • There was an un catched error in your automation, and your automation stopped before reaching the Release Excel Instance activity or the Close Excel Instance activity. Read more.
0 Kudos

Hello rosaorihuela,

Thanks for your answer but i am already using Close Excel Instance as you can see it from the attachment of my question. And that is the part that closes the SAP GUI instead of Excel somehow.

And like i said, the bot works fine on my machine with my user. There is another machine and another SAP user that the bot needs to work on. And the problem is happening on there.