cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Studio client Developer edition download

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I  am new to SAP HANA . I have enrolled to Introduction to SAP HANA Course( Open SAP ).

For practice i need to install sAP HANA Studio in my PC. Can any please explain me the brief procedure to downlod

and install .

Regards .

View Entire Topic
thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

For the course you mention we supply system images for HANA Server and Studio/Client running on AWS. You should really use the images provided as they are the correct release level for the course, already have the content installed and setup, and have been tested with the course materials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas  -  Are you referring to the developers' edition  ? If not  , could you please share the link for correct AMIs ? I guess will need a windows machine AMI for the HANA studio and another for the HANA server. Pleas correct me

Thanks much

Ashutosh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No I'm not referrring to the developers' edition.  For the openSAP course we created a server and studio image.  All infromation can be found on the openSAP course site.  Here are some direct links:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33673

https://caltdc.netweaver.ondemand.com/console/tenant_9LL9R1EY4YW6#available?sguid=2abe54b1-120d-4052...

0 Kudos

Dear Thomas Sir ,

Thank you very much for your valuable information .I registered for system image for SAP HANA . Still requesting is pending .Once request got approved , I will start using the system .

Regards ,

Narasimha Pai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am not able to find the place to download SAP HANA studio as I have registered for the course. Can you please help as the above link is not providing the exact place to download.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no download needed.  When you start the system image via the SAP Cloud Application Library you get two system images.  One is the HANA Server. The other is a Windows desktop with HANA Studio and Client already instead and ready to use.  Please refer to the video demonstration in Week 1 on this topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Mr. Jung,

as you explained in the video UNit 4 Week 1 ,  every thing went ok , but at the moment of gaining access to Desktop image ( with HANA Studio installed) I get the Logon (username Administrator, password  the  "OS PASSWORD") but no way to access because the password is not correct.

Thi s password was written by me on a notepad file an pasted on the screen on wich I did register (create) te instance of the course; I pasted also the ACCESS KEY & "SECRET KEY" AND THEY ARE CORRECT.

I can log into Instance  on

https://caltdc.netweaver.ondemand.com/console/tenant_9LL9R1EY4YW6#available?sguid=2abe54b1-120d-4052...

I am able to log on AWS ( but do not to see the SAP CAL instance there )

I can start and suspend the instance ....... on SAPCAL ....

How to recover or change the password ?

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Please use the help/support links within the SAP CAL site to ask for support on recovery of your password.  Although I don't think they have the ability to recover the password you set at the OS level. Likely you will have to delete your instances and recreate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You  Mr Jung for the kind and rapid reply,

you confirmed what I summarily read on the Guide site:  https://caltdc.hana.ondemand.com/console/~1383747394000~/doc_en/frameset.htm?03d9ea374aef4f1aaf95104...

and since I did never acces the virtual machines nor create anything, and also have not so much time to next weekly assignment, I will delete the Solution Instance and recreate a New One.

But least , considering I have the possibility to activate and use free an AWS  SAP ONE  on SUSE 11 Server  Virtual Machine , isnt possible to deploy the images of the course there ?

Thank you & Bye for Now.