cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business ByDesign maintain custom forms on a productive tennant

former_member689468
Participant

Hey all,

yesterday I had an error when trying to update a new version of my custom solution to a productive tennant.

The SAP customer help told me it was because I used a non PDI user to maintain a custom form in form template maintenance.

I tried to maintain it using a PDI user but I got an error that I need to enable administration mode. When trying to enable administration mode on productive tenant in cloud applications studio the option was disable.

So what is the way to maintain the custom forms on a productive tenant to avoid problems when uploading new versions of the solution ?

Thank you

View Entire Topic
may_thitsaoo
Contributor

Hello Josip,

You are getting the error when you deploy the solution to PRD?

I think it is because current custom template in PRD is maintained by non-PDI user and now you are trying to deploy solution (meaning trying to overwrite the template with PDI user).

In this case, how about to try below solution steps.

1. Form Template Maintenance WoC > Revert the old version of template from "Versions" button. (choose the version published by PDI user). Then Publish.

2. Deploy your solution to PRD.

3. Form Template Maintenance WoC > Re-upload/update the custom template with latest design (with non-PDI user)

Regards,

May

former_member689468
Participant

I was actually hoping to give this a try, but now I did the same procedure, and the same forms were uploaded, the new version of solution was updated and activated without any issues.

If it occurs again I will definetly try this and update on the results.

Thank you for the reply