Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Analytics Cloud Table "Not all unbooked members are filled"

charles_braybrook
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAC I have a table where I'm trying to average a quantity across 5 days. I thought this would be relatively straight forward. But apparently not. So far the best I have managed is to create a calculated column which divides the sum of 5 days by 5.

Problem with the above is two fold.

1. The column goes blank if the data comes back with less than 5 days.

2. I have two rows which are calculations adding some of the rows. Those rows come back with and error:

This second problem doesn't make any sense to me.

The alternative is to divide the Totals column by 5 to get the average. This gets around problem 1 of not working when less than 5 days worth of data is available. But we still get the error for Total rows.

Am I missing something? Getting an average across columns should not be this difficult.

Thanks

View Entire Topic
N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

charles.braybrook

In the classic model, something like below can be done. Use cross calculations for Average. Totals can be done by enabling Show Totals on date dimension.

Below is the setup for Average Calculation.

Once Added. All unwanted average columns can be hidden. Markup Quantity is a calculated measure.

Regards

Nikhil

charles_braybrook
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately cross calculations aren't an option as I'm using a live connection for this.