Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Analytics Cloud Permission of Story and Excel Export

mturan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,
Im currently working on permission of excel and story component. "BW4HANA Live connection"
What i need to do :

1.user and team based permission to do export excel csv and pdf ( Export function in story page )

2.if I am creating the story, none can modify the story only Developer user. However, let's say Finance business users has developer access, he still CANNOT modify the Storys built by me, then can modify and do the "SAVE AS".

Best Regards

View Entire Topic
VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor

Hello muratturan95,

You can not explicitly restrict user from exporting story data into local files. You can not restrict export to PDF option. Although you can restrict export to csv in model preferences. Please be informed these restriction will be applicable to all users and there is flexibility in-terms of allowing export to a select group of users. You can restrict user from uploading by use of "Personal Data Acquisition" authorization in roles.

Security in SAC works at object as well as data level. Object level security can be controlled by generic roles. BI Content Creator role gives you access to change content published under "Public" folder or explicitly given edit access to. Now say you develop a story > publish the story under public folder. A user with BI Content Creator can still edit your story. Now while sharing if you choose not to check "Edit" option or explicitly uncheck "Edit" option after moving story under public folder, then same user will only be able to view your story. Only way to modify would be to use "Save As" option.

If you find shared informaiton helpful, feel free to vote (arrows on left) and accept (accept button at the bottom) the solution.

Thanks,

Vijayeta.

srilakshmi_s2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayeta,

Is there a way we can compare 2 security roles in SAC ? Like in SAP ABAP systems , is there a table which stores the roles and permissions in SAC?

When SAC version gets upgraded and if the standard role templates (Like Planner reporter, modeler etc) get modified with that upgrade, is there a way or SAP document , to know the changes to those templates ? - as we copy those templates to create our custom roles

Thanks and Regards

Sri