Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Dimension Linking BW Import to Live

charles_braybrook
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to link from an Import model to a Live mode using Dimension Linking, using the Cost Centre dimension.

However I am having difficulties with the way the link is being made.

Both Import and Live models are from the same query.

However the linking doesn't work. I set it to Linking on ID. However my understanding was that in BW the "ID" is the Display Key. However, it looks like SAC interprets the ID in BW as actually being the "KEY".

It's not terribly clear above. But basically the Display.Key (what I think as the ID) should be in the form of 1000/1000999 (on the right), but SAC seems to be taking it as the Key as the ID which is what you see on the left side.

Is this expected behaviour? Should I therefore be using the Key rather than the Display Key for all my Public Dimensions that I create? That seems a little strange as even SAC when you create a table does the below:

In the table (live connection) when I look at the properties of Cost Center I get the below:

So here the Display Key is the ID not the Key.

It seems like there's a bit of a disconnect as to what SAC understands what is an ID from BW.

Thanks

MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Charles,

I cannot really give you an answer... only a hint:

Two years ago I tried to link an Import and a Live model via a date.

Also here, the SAC format (key) and the BW date (key) was totally different and did not work.

I think those "special case" characteristics will never work 😞

BR, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)