cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running 32 bit & 64 bit Crystal Runtime for .net on the same server

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are running SAP Business one version 10 on Windows 2019.

SAP Business One comes with runtime version 13.0.25.3158

We have a third party vendor wanting to install a 32 bit application, for which they want to install the 32 bit version of the runtime - version 13.0.29.3671

If we install this and there are issues with SAP the effects will be severe on the business

Is it OK to run these two side by side?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I changed your tag to "SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio" because your question is about the .NET runtime. The SAP Crystal Reports tag is for questions about either report design or how to use the full desktop version of Crystal.

View Entire Topic
DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general, you can't have two different versions of the runtime on the same server. There are many registry settings that get created or overwritten when the runtime is installed. However, there are some things that can be done to get this to work.

In the Crystal for VS wiki, look for the WinFormCRViewer.zip download. Just above it is a link to a KB article that talks about how to use the download for side-by-side compatibility.

-Dell

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I am the SAP Administrator, not the developer in this scenario, there is not much I can do with the SAP Business One install!

Are VS & .net versions the same thing?

I will inform the 3rd party vendor that they need to install the 32 bit version of the same runtime as is already installed, as I will be unable to modify SAP files to run the newer version

DellSC
Active Contributor

Yes VS (for Visual Studio) and .NET are the same thing. Since they developed their software with a newer version of the SDK, it might not work when installed with the older version of the runtime. They may have to install their website on a different server than your B1 is running on.

-Dell

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks Dell.

I will work with the vendor and the IT Company to find a solution!

Julie