cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial processing of input file

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm developing a File-File interface and I need to process the input file partially here. For eg., If the input file has 10 records and only 7 of the 10 records satisfy a criteria then those 7 records will be processed and sent to output file, other 3 will be rejected and should be sent to a log file. Can you guys please suggest how this can be achieved?

Thank you,

Kishan.

View Entire Topic
S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishnan,

if your file is an XML-file, then you could use a PI-Mapping (1:1) and use this "Criteria" as a condition to create the same record also on the outbound side.

I have used this example in several IDoc=>EDI-scenarios for example to remove lines with zero quantities...if they needed to be left out of the EDI files...

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefans hint on using a mapping is correct, although i doubt it can be done with a simple PI-mapping.

As far as i know there is no default function to send rejected rows of the mapped payload to a log file. For this you need more advanced mapping function modules or create a java or abap mapping which do this task.

Kind regards,

Peter

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

depends on the requirements.... for just ignoring/removing some lines it will be fine

if you use for exampel a simple mapping ORDERS02 => ORDERS02 and want to filter out some ORDER-Lines based on some criteria...(empty quantity)

Then a simple if statement would be sufficient

(like if the PO1 field "MENGE" is not equal to zero , then create the PO1 target element)

=> this way after the 1:1 mapping....all your PO1-Lines where the "MENGE" is empty are just ignored and you have a new IDoc with just the PO1-segments included that fit your criteria..

Kind Regards

Stefan