Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Workflow Approval in ECC R/3 without SAP Logon

ajeet_choudhary
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is any way in which we can enable offline approvals of work items in ECC 6.0.where offline means user need not login into sap system for approval.

An ideal scenario would be that a user recieves an email with Approve/Reject option, and on clicking any of these options, the necessary updates are registered by the SAP system. So is it possible to implement the above by making use of WebServices or something else?

I have searched on forum and could see blog for offline approval through outlook but our requirement is - user want to approve workflow through webmail/phone .

Any help or guidance will be very helpful and rewarded

Thanks,

Ajit

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the forum blog will also work for your requirements. It can be accessed through webmail or handheld devices as well. Go through below link.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/offline/Index.htm

ajeet_choudhary
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your response,i was aware of above mentioned blog. my intention of putting this question is - Whether sap has provided some way for getting approval completly offline in ECC as they have provided in SRM system and to know if this approach (approving completly offline) is recommendable one ? . what are the drawback of using this approach.

If you could throw some light on above question, it would be great. Any help or guidance will be very helpful.

Regards, 

Ajit