cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NodeJs, ReactJs, AngularJs skills for SAPUI5 or SAP Fullstack developements

former_member188019
Active Participant

Hi,

if any technical resource, who has skills in NodeJs, ReactJs, AngularJs skills, would like to contribute in SAP projects, in which ares of SAP, the resource would be best fit.

is it SAPUI5 custom app developments, or SCP application developments.

Do SAP fiori/UI5 apps make use of any of the skills from Node, React, Angular.

Thanks,
Madhu.

View Entire Topic
rsletta
Contributor

Hi Madhu.

Any person with that skillset would be an excellent addition to a SAP UX project, even though the the different tech might not be directly relevant.

All mentioned tech display an understanding of modern JavaScript development, and that's a great start. An understanding of nodejs, will greatly improve the ability to set up a local dev environment. The Angular/React knowledge will mainly be relevant as experience with SPAs, and working with a library/framework. If a person wants to go into Fiori/UI5 development, you can't get past the need to learn OpenUI5/SAPUI5. If you get confused about the naming, OpenUI5 is the open source framework, which SAPUI5 is based on. The difference is that SAPUI5 includes a couple of extra libraries, with a different licence agreement.
In my opinion, an experienced developer won't need much time, before getting descent productivity on the framework. openSAP has some great courses on UI5, and the documentation is also very good.

I also think that a developer with said skillset, would find it highly interesting developing on SAP Cloud Platform, using the Cloud Application Programming Model.

Lastly, I would recommend you to take a look at dj.adams.sap stream "Hands-On SAP Dev" on Twitch. Here he (usually) programs using the Cloud Application Programming Model and JavaScript. There are replays available on Twitch, and all episodes are also on the SAP Developers YouTube channel.

SAP is an extremely exiting place to be at the moment, for someone knowing JavaScript development. There are endless opportunities around SAP Fiori and SAP Cloud Platform at the moment, and I predict a shortage in available resources in the coming years, if we can’t convince more JavaScript developers that SAP is one of the coolest places to be.