cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to set values for user parameters such company code for Design Studio app Market Segments..?

nandishm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one doubt, if I set user parameters valus such as company code and Fiscal year year through laucnhpad, apps which are opening in design studio like Market Segments - Actuals, Internal Orders - Actuals, will work correctly.

If I remove those values for User we get below error for design studio apps...

Could not instantiate data source "DS_1" for query "/ERP/SFIN_V01_Q2101"
Could not instantiate data source "DS_1" for query "/ERP/SFIN_V01_Q2501"...

Now we are setting values manually, but we can set values for all users.

Those apps really need those values to run ..?

If yes, then we need to set values to all users by Default...?

Is there any way to fix this scenario ....??

View Entire Topic
Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Nandish

You can default the user values from the set/get parameters as explained in 2519765 – Synchronization of Fiori User Default Values with Backend SET-/GET-Parameters

You can find more information on how default values work here https://blogs.sap.com/2017/09/14/setting-user-defaults-in-sap-s4hana/

By the way I notice you are raising a lot of issues... please make sure you are checking for existing answers and help information on our Fiori for S/4HANA wiki

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Fiori/SAP+Fiori+for+S4HANA

Rgds

Jocelyn

nandishm
Participant

Thanks Jocelyn for the information....

I have raised those issues long back.... now all are fixed..

scott_seaman
Explorer
0 Kudos

2519765 – Synchronization of Fiori User Default Values with Backend SET-/GET-Parameters - says that syncing 'is available'. How?

"if the user opens the Fiori User Default Values for the first time then he will already see that certain parameters are prefilled according to the Backend SET-/GET-Parameters (backed transaction SU3 or SU01)." Our existing set/gets do not show up in the launchpad. S4 104 (1909.2), GW 752

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sean, This question was closed in 2018. Please ask a new question so you can give us some details of your environment including screenshots. There are some prerequisites mentioned in the SAP Note so I would suggest double-check those first.

Kind rgds

Jocelyn