cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Inbox with Fiori Elements App in embedIntoDetails mode

basilrakasz
Explorer

Hello

I am currently trying to integrate a Fiori Elements ListReport App Intent-Based using SWFVISU into Fiori My Inbox.

The following blog describes all the necessary steps for normal Fiori Apps:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/07/31/fiori-my-inbox-integration-of-custom-detail-page/

However I am struggeling with the correct routing, because I am using the generic template, which is working with pages in sap.ui.generic.app instead of default routing:

The problem ist, that I am not able to combine routing from sap.ui5 namespace with sap.ui.generic.app.

In manifest.json I tried using custom Routing patterns for the myInbox hash as following:

Declaring componentUsages in sap.ui5 is not a working solution, but my best guess so far...

This only results in an error when opening the app:

Has anyone used Fiori Elements in embedIntoDetail in MyInbox so far?
Any hints on correct routing in manifest.json will be very appreciated 🙂

Thanks and Regards

Basil

View Entire Topic
Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Ok folks so the good news is there is something we are expecting to release later in 2021 in this area - with a couple of apps delivered to demonstrate the approach.

As usual that will come to S/4HANA Cloud, public edition first and then be inherited to SAP S/4HANA on-premise & private cloud edition later.

It will require the relevant SAPUI5 release (1.90). I expect we will publish a blog on this topic explaining more once we have released it.

So while that doesn't solve your immediate problem, I hope that gives some certainty on direction.

For now I would suggest use the External mode or create a small freestyle app for the purpose.

basilrakasz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jocelyn for your response.

I am awaiting your news/blog about this topic with utterly curiosity!

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks a lot for your rapidity, you are the best 🙂

Could you please inform your managers, that not all customers are yet on S/4HANA On-Premise and even less on the Cloud. At best, my customers will be on S/4HANA in 1 or 2 years. This kind of functionality can easily be integrated into a 2020 front-end SPS... I think 🙂

Regards,

hauntedhill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jocelyn,

we upgrade our Frontendserver to 2021 SP1 (SAPUI5 1.96, UIBAS600) in the next days. Can you tell us a blog or example how to configure the embedDetail with an Fiori-Elements app?

Thanks and Regards

Christian

basilrakasz
Explorer
0 Kudos

jocelyn.dart

Hi Jocelyn

You mentioned a new blog is coming somewhen in late 2021. Do you have any further info since this questions was opened ?
Thank you!

tjarliman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi jocelyn.dart ,

Would like to know if there are any update documentation related to this?

I would like to implement the solution to solve one the users' requirement.

Thanks

TJ