Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage illegal XML characters from proxy

nicola_martella2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi people.

I have a problem on an async scenario PROXY-to-FILE (PO 7.5 single stack).

In payload from ECC I can receive XML illegal characters that I must remove before they cause mapping failure.

I realized a java mapping that works for first in the Operation Mapping.

Testing the scenario by the feature Testing > Send Test Message in Configuration and Monitoring all works fine.

Instead, running the proxy by ECC the flow fails with this error:

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.service.mapping.MappingException: Mapping failed in runtimeApplication mapping program com/nick4name/xi/javamapping/jmXmlCharsCleaning/JMStartup throws a stream transformation exception: [jmXmlCharsCleaning] org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 2112; Character reference "&#

Pay attention that the process has correctly identified the Operation Mapping, see "com/nick4name/xi/javamapping/jmXmlCharsCleaning/JMStartup", and then my jm, but, probably, is failed before run it.

Seems that, the testing tool, starting from the ICO manually setted, jumps a last XML parsing that the runtime process instead executes.

Now the hard question. Is it possible to intervene on this behaviour or the only approch is by a module custom in the proxy channel?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Nicola

View Entire Topic
JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor

You might also want to look into https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2318945

nicola_martella2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens.

If I correctly understood, this solution applies to ECC side.

I need a solution that disable the check characters wrong on SAP PO (single-stack) side. Something like SPROXSET.

Or something other :(.

Thanks a lot

Nicola

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your initial post was...

I have a problem on an async scenario PROXY-to-FILE (PO 7.5 single stack).
In payload from ECC I can receive XML illegal characters that I must remove before they cause mapping failure.

==> Why not eliminating the illegal characters in ECC (proxy runtime) already using the parameters in the given note?

If you absolutely must, you ought to tap into java mapping, as you already did because probably there would no way to fix a non well formed XML with XSLT or graphical mapping. You even might end up writing a custom module to fix things before PI mapping runtime.