cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lo cockpit Deltas with direct tabel update not working

former_member627490
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi we are using LO cockpit data source with Direct update in LBWE settings. As of now we are getting deltas without any issues.

Now our ECC ABAP team has built a new program to update the table (EKPO) directly for Deletion and Delivery complete indicators.

When the run the program it is updating the PO in EKPO table but Delta is not triggering to BW. Now ECC team is asking how to get

this delta triggered so that they can update the code accordingly. I tried changing the Update mode to Queued Delta and it is still same.

Can someone explain where to write the code or what field needs to be used in order to trigger the delta when they update using SE38 program.

Please let me know if the question is not clear. Thanks

View Entire Topic
matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The answer is simple - the ECC team should not be directly updating EKPO. All updates should be done via BAPIs or other interfaces - even BDC if that's all that will work. In this way, you can be sure that the deltas will be triggered.

In most companies direct update of tables is absolutely forbidden for this and other reasons. It's a dangerous thing to do; you can end up with a corrupted database, which, essentially, is what is happening to you now. Worst case, you have to call SAP in to fix it at $$$$

See: http://scn.sap.com/message/10795110 and the responses from seasoned programmers here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3188505

So, stop with the provided solution and tell your ECC development team to come up with another, safe answer that doesn't go against the SAP good programming practice of the past 20 years!

matt

former_member627490
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes but it is not working with Queued Delta as well. In Dev I changed from Direct Delta to Queued Delta and ran the V3 job and still it is not picking up the change.

Now we need to look for different solution so that all direct table updates need to be picked up in to BW. Otherthan this we are not missing any deltas with direct delta update. We are planning on creating a generic extractor with Z table which hold only the changed records and I will overwrite in BW whenever required. I was hoping there is a field that ECC team can use to trigger the deltas.

Thanks

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution to your problem is to not use direct table update, but use the access routes supplied by SAP.

Any solution which allows you to continue with direct table updates is very dangerous.