cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Smart Business Tile using APF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fiori Experts,

I have created a Fiori tile using the KPI Modeler with the option to Drill down the Analysis Path Framework. But when I click on this tile it is taking me to a screen where I have to define a new Analysis step to bring the Visualization(Chart). Is there any option to directly show some default Visualization immediately on clicking the tile. Please advice.

Regards

Imran

View Entire Topic
JuttaErlewein
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

If you want to launch an APF-based app with a default analysis step, you need to do the following when you define the tile. In your launchpad click app 'Create Tile' in group 'KPI Design' (SAP S/4 HANA environment) / app 'Configure KPI Tiles' in Group 'KPI Modeler' (SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA environment). In the Navigation Section of the app go to field 'Application Parameters'
In field 'Name' enter sap-apf-step-id. In field value enter the step id fore example Step-204.

The easiest way to get to the step ID is to open the configuration in the APF configuration modeler. The step ID is provided in the URL of the browser.

Here are the details how to find the URL:

Click app 'APF Configuration Modeler'. Select the application then select the configuration you want to launch when clicking the Smart Business KPI tile.

In the configuration go to the Analysis Step you want to display by default when launching the APF-based app from the tile.  Make sure the analysis step is selected and the details screen (the screen where you define the details you need to configure an analysis step like, title and assignment to categories, request, ...) is visible on the right hand side.

You can now find the step ID in the URL of the browser. The step ID is listed at the end of the URL.

see also screenshot.

For more info see the APF documentation, section Configuring the Smart Business KPI Tile.

How to define a specific analysis step when launching an APF-based app is described at the end of this section.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon20/helpdata/en/37/4364eb58444ac5b56b357808603f98/content.htm?fram...

Best regards,

Jutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jutta,

Thanks for the advice, its working perfectly. I would like to know whether the APF apps are still in road-map of SAP as the DSO and DPO Which were based on the APF Framework is not available in S/4 HANA. Please advice as we are in the SoH environment and not sure to launch these apps to end user as these may not be available in future.

Regards

Imran

JuttaErlewein
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran, The DSO and DPO apps are not available in S/4 HANA, simply because no CDS views correlating the the calucation views in SoH are available. Therefore no configurations for S/4 HANA could be created. However the APF Framework to create  APF-based apps is on the roadmap. Best regards, Jutta