cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISQL 16 Autocommit

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's bad enough that the default action of ISQL in version 16 is to commit on closing. At least you can turn that off. However when you do you are presented with this

every time you close down. I just can't find anywhere to turn this off. Can anyone tell me how to stop this message appearing?

Paul

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

The development team had another look at this enhancement request. 

Recognize that the warning dialog was an enhancement request in its own right. Starting in version 16, DBISQL displays a warning if you shut it down (or disconnect) and you have uncommitted database changes, and DBISQL is not configured to commit on exit.

In SQL Anywhere version 16, Build 2159 or higher, and version 17 Build 1212 or higher, the window that contains that warning now has a checkbox which allows you to suppress the warning.

These builds will be available in a future patch level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've spent a while wondering how to answer Mirco's response from the developers; Breck was right on the money as usual. It sounds like the solution was more complicated than necessary but nevertheless as long as I don't have to put up with that box coming up I'll have to be content.

Whether any tool should commit on disconnect by default is well and truly debatable but I guess we'll just have to accept that the developers of DBISQL think it's a good idea.

Thanks Chris.

Paul