cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Custom Business Configurations (F4579) intended to be used with SAP standard tables?

jheisler
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are currently using Business Configurations on Z-Tables with the App "Maintain Business Configurations" to add an sm30-like experience to users.

Now we have a requirement where users need the ability to modify (like sm30 as well) a standard table like t024. Is this possible or even intended?

As of now the table is missing a etag field which could be added via custom fields, but it should probably not allow draft to, as we dont want the standard table to be locked.

How should a szenario like this done if not with Business Configurations? A RAP Service with its own Fiori Elements app?

View Entire Topic
patrick_winkler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The Custom Business Configurations app is not intended to be used for SAP tables.
SAP tables that are to be maintained by the customer usually have their own Fiori app or IMG activity. For example, table T024 can be maintained with IMG activity Create Purchasing Groups.

jheisler
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the reply Patrick. Is there a way to maintain SPRO/IMG activity via a Fiori App - as we want to move away from the GUI?
patrick_winkler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@jheisler in S/4HANA cloud, private edition you can create individual IMG activities to launch the Custom Business Configurations app with intent navigation, see https://help.sap.com/docs/ABAP_PLATFORM_NEW/b5670aaaa2364a29935f40b16499972d/54c01ee11ffd48f980f41f0...
in S/4HANA cloud, public edition it is not possible to create IMG activities. Only a generic IMG activity "Custom Business Configurations" is available to launch the list report of the Custom Business Configurations app via the Implementation activities app.

jheisler
Explorer
0 Kudos
@patrick_winkler We are using S/4HANA On-Prem, i saw that it is possible to add a link from an IMG activity to the Custom Business Configurations App.
jheisler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Cant find a delete button - but this is a duplicate comment.

jheisler
Explorer
0 Kudos
@patrick_winkler We are using S/4HANA On-Prem, i saw that it is possible to add a link from an IMG activity to the Custom Business Configurations App. But what i wanted to is, maintain a table like t024, to which you said this is not intended to be done via Custom Business Configurations, but that it can be maintained via the IMG activity "Create Purchasing Groups". My question is, if it is possible to open this IMG activity in an Fiori App. Is there a way to maintain IMG activities outside of the SAP GUI?
patrick_winkler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

@jheislerIt is not recommended to create your own Fiori Elements app to replace SPRO/SIMG. For selected business objects, you can query whether there is a released RAP BO or OData service to build individual Fiori elements apps. You can use the SAP influence program to advance the "Fiorification" of SPRO/SIMG.