Did you mean: 

Input table for TIme Series Forecast

former_member191728
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am very new to HANA PAL.

I want to forecast sales of each store for next 12 months

The source table has 9 fields. The structure of my input table is mentioned below

"StoreId" INTEGER

"DayOfWeek" NVARCHAR(3),

"Date" DATE ,

"Sales" DOUBLE ,

"Customers" DOUBLE ,

"Open" INTEGER ,

"Promo" INTEGER ,

"StateHoliday" NVARCHAR(3),

"SchoolHoliday" INTEGER .

I have one year data month wise sales and I want to forecast the next 12 months data.

My horizon is 12.

I am using AUTOARIMA to predict my model.

but when I passing the my above table as input to the procedure generator wrapper function I am getting signature error.

"SYS"."AFLLANG_WRAPPER_PROCEDURE_CREATE": line 156 col 5 (at pos 5073): [423] (range 3) AFL error exception: AFL error: Registration of AFLLANG wrapper procedure "schemaname"."<procedurename>" failed with error 'inconsistent parameter description

My question is

1) Do I need to create another table with Store ID, Date and Sales values and pass this table as source or Do I need to change the data type of my table so that it will match the signature

2) I want to know how the influence of Open,Promo,Sateholiday and Schoolday values on sales and forecast my sales. For this do I need to use multiple linear regression model

Thanks

Pawan Akella

View Entire Topic
achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Pawan, I will try to get someone to answer your PAL-related questions. In the meantime, what don't you use our SAP BusinessObjects Predictive Analytics trial version and give a try to our Automated Time Series data mining function? It might be helpful. KInd regards Antoine

former_member191728
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonie, Waiting for the help. Regards Pawan Akella