Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdocXML to IDOC scenario

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My scenario is IdocXML to IDOC which is pass through and no mapping is needed.

Source xml is not having any control record and LS from configuration is fulfilling those. when I tested this thing first time it went into error.

It seems that MESCOD (variant) needed to be added only in the control record of source message and then it work well, so just wanted to confirm if it is mandatory or is there any option or am i missing something?

Regards,

Rahul

View Entire Topic
manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

This depends on how the it is maintained in Partner profile in ECC.

May i know which adapter you are using IDOC or IDOC_AAE ? if IDOC_AAE then you can generate control records as per you wish at channel level itself using "Overide Control record Option"

Br,

Manoj

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

IDOC_AAE I am using it but it is generic for other scenarios

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well then you have these option :

• you need to maintain a separate channel .

• Or else need to remove the Variant that is mentioned in partner profile - I guess  Businessx wont agree with this.
  • Ask the sender application to generate the control record in IDOC_XML with your desired values.

Br,

Manoj

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj,

I have already done the third option and have asked them to send MESCOD in EDI_DC40, other control records are not needed from them as it is taking correctly as of now. So only variant in MESCOD is needed.

correct me if I am wrong.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes , If you are generating other values like Partner Number partner type via header mapping then that's is fine.Ask them to send variant.

Befoer you confirm to third party on this you can just modify the input XML to have MESCOD value and trigger from RWB , i am telling this because later there wont be other surprise once third party agrees to send Variant value.

Br,

Manoj

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

Yes as stated earlier it is working with addition of MESCOD in source XML.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well then , you are good to go And please close the thread if your query is answered