cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Troubleshoot XS ODATA registered to Gateway

0 Kudos

In a previous question, I noted we have a requirement to use HANA XS Odata for a custom Fiori app on gateway. When the XS Odata is registered through SEGW or iwbep/oci_srv_gen, it loses the relationship between data properties. Meaning, there is no errors when registering the service, but when using a query - it cannot aggregate the data or display it properly, repeating line items and not making any sense. So we cannot use the service in this state, although it still works fine on original HANA server via browser (and we can still develop the app with proxy configured in eclipse). so we are still trying to figure out how to run the Fiori app deployed to ABAP repository with correct XS odata.

I am trying to figure out if we can troubleshoot the issue, since it registers without any errors, and does not create a dump when making a query, I am not sure how to fix this. Is there any techniques that are recommended when trying to register HANA XS Odata and only data response to query is having the issue? I see other articles that are similar, not exactly that the data properties are no longer maintained. Is there a way I can manually add new metadata to rebuild the relationships between the data?

I have also seen recommendations to create a reverse proxy to HANA XS through a live connection, but as we are attempting to complete this, its having more issues with HTTP vs HTTPS and SAML authorization and so on. So I am not sure that it is going to work in our scenario.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

We did finally figure out this issue, for anyone who has a similar problem. Basis and DBA team configured web dispatcher to connect to the HANA system. But there was some CORS problem that persisted. So we had to go and edit the xs admin console and modify the allowed headers, as shown in this article: https://answers.sap.com/questions/65623/cors-issue-accessing-xsodata.html

But now we are able to connect with the app so the issue is no longer there.