Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transport an ambient ui5 application

MaximoSanchez
Participant

hello to all
I have some beginner doubts.
context:
I created a ui5 application in SAP BAS and did the deploy-to-abap to the ERP DEV environment.
Once the deploy is done, I transport the application to QAS.
My doubts are:
Is it ok what I did?
Is it possible to deploy directly to QAS?
When transporting from environments, what should I include in the transport TO?

Also, I must say that when I do this, the application only works in DEV and not in QAS. When I do a "test service" to the application from the trx SICF in DEV, the application opens correctly. But if I do the same in QAS, the application opens a white screen in the browser and says "file not found".

Noel_Hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The application should be listed in SE80 under BSP Application, at DEV and QAS.

Noel_Hendrikx_0-1719498065856.png

As an example I posted one of the many UI5 apps. If your app is listed on DEV and not on QAS, please ask a SAP Basis consultant to transport your application to QAS.

Please check your ui5.yaml file for deployment information:

Noel_Hendrikx_1-1719498252581.png

transportNo is your gateway workbench transport. Please hand over that number to your SAP Basis consultant, they know what to do with it 🙂

View Entire Topic
Noel_Hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Deploying to DEV and then transporting it to your environment is normally the way to go. Technically it is possible to deploy to QAS, but you will get mismatches in objects. I strongly recommend you use the default transport way.

Could you give some more details about your application? Does it use shared resources, do you have your namespace and references set properly in your manifest? Do you have a reference to sapui5 lib? It could be that your QAS system is not exactly the same as your DEV environment, as an example check if all services are running properly (SICF on gateway).

From your screenshot I can see you are using a standalone SAPUI5 app, so your reference in your index.html file could be wrong (to sapui5 lib). If this is correct, check out the SICF services if they are up and running.

Bear in mind that SSL certificate is also not valid (https). Also in your url you are using a client, is this client available on QAS? For a more user friendly way of presenting a technical url (port, client and so on), please let your team have a look at the web dispatcher too.

Kind regards,

Noël

MaximoSanchez
Participant
0 Kudos

hello noel, thank you very much for your reply.

answering to your question "Does it use shared resources": as shared resources I am using models, internationalized resources and fragments (I don't know if this answers your question). Answering your second question, I would think that the manifest is well configured and if it has references to sapui5 lib (I attach an image).

Regarding the sicf services, is there a trx that allows me to see the ones that are not active or that allows me to compare the dev services and the qas services? as far as I noticed they are all active...

Captura de pantalla 2024-06-26 091722.png

Noel_Hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maximo, the transaction for sicf services is: SICF 🙂 How does your index.html file look like?

Also if you open up your Developer Toolbar in chrome / edge (F12) and go to the network tab, which file is generating a 404?

MaximoSanchez
Participant
0 Kudos

noel, i have entered the sicf and i have put the name of the application and i see this. but i can't see the index file.
also if i right click on the application and then put in test service it opens the browser as follows.Captura de pantalla 2024-06-26 092605.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-06-26 112345.png

Noel_Hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The index file is part of your bsp application (ui5 apps are stored as bsp applications -> SE80). You can check if your index.html file is part of the bsp application (I assume it is...). 

There are a few more transactions to determine there are errors or not:

1) SLG1 (application log)
2) /n/iwfnd/error_log (odata service logging > don't think you reach that point since your index file is not loaded).
3) ST22 (short dump > should result in an error 500 in most cases)
4) SU53 (authorisation errors) > quick test : give your user SAP_ALL rights and try again. If it works, you should remove SAP_ALL and implement authorization for your user (in most cases developers / users on dev have a lot more authorisation than on QAS).

Hope this helps.

Noël

MaximoSanchez
Participant
0 Kudos

if I search for the application in the SE80 in QAS there is no application, but if I search in DEV there is the application.

and also I entered the trx that you gave me but the error log does not appear, nor any clue as to why this error occurs.