cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sort the List of Table Columns report component by table name then column name

bog
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am making efforts not to express my frustration dealing with the PD reporting tool 🙂

I want to pull out of my data model a simple a list of tables, and for each table the list of its columns with their information, name, datatype, comments. Simple enough, right?

So:

1. What items from the toolbox do I have to select in order to produce this report (I am using the modern report tool, not the legacy editor):

<Table1>

<Table1 comments>

<Table1 table of columns>

<Table 2>

<Table 2 comments>

<Table 2 table of columns>

... etc.

It's a master detail report where the master represents the tables list and the details are the columns for each table.

2. Because I could not figure #1 out, I settled for the List of Table Columns from the toolbox. But how do I sort the list by table name, column name? I tried to use the Edit Selection dialog. When I check the Table and the Name attributes and run the report nothing gets displayed. The Used checkboxes are clear for these two.

3. How do I sort the columns by their intrinsic order in the table - there seems to be no attribute that stores the Order Index of a column (that is the order the columns are displayed by default in the Table Properties -> Columns tab grid), or whatever other name they use for this value.

The database is MS Sql Server 2012 and the PD version is: 16.6 SP06 PL07 (64 bit), 16.6.6.7 (5753).

Thanks!

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

I'm not sure which version you are using, but in 16.6 you can easily do it in List Report.

Just add two column: Parent and Position in Parent Collection, then you can sort with them.