Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High CPU load after Kernel Update

hthiessen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey there,

I recently wanted to perform a kernel update for our Solution Manager 7.2 SP06 which is running on SLES4SAP 12SP2 and uses MaxDB as a database. I oriented myself on this guide. Got the newest kernel files, lib_dbsl and dw. After running the file saproot.sh as root (which I never did before, when I performed a kernel update) I started the system ABAP and JAVA, but I couldn't reach the systems with the sapgui anymore. Because I had an backup of the linuxx86_64 I just replaced the new kernel folder with the backup folder. I changed the ownership and permissions, ran the saproot.sh and restarted the system. After that the kernel now causes a very high cpu load. It varys between 80 to over 300% cpu time. The system is now very slow and it's almost impossible to work with, because it's so slow. Hoping it would change anything I stopped all instances and restartet the whole system, which unfortunately didn't help.

The system has 4 cores, 20GB's of RAM and enough space on the hard disks, so there should be enough power to run it.

hthiessen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Kernel version now is 749 patch 500. I tried to use the newest version, which was 773 patch 18.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heinrich

Can you mention the kernel version please?

I haven’t seen this effect but perhaps other community members have encountered it or perhaps we could find some information based on further details.

Best regards

Tom

hthiessen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

right I forgot about that. Right now I'm back on 749 Patch 500. I tried the newest available kernel which was 773 Patch 18.