cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Master in SplitApp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we created an UI5 Application using the SplitApp. In the master we implemented the navigation through the application functions. Now I would like to hide the menu (master) by pressing a button. This is useful for displaying table-controls with many columns e.g. on a tablet.

The orientation is already landscape but still I would like to save some space to show more information. Unfortunately it seems this is not working with the current splitapp control. According to the documentation the show/hide methods only work in portrait mode. Is there any reason for this or could you (SAP) please change this?

showMaster() When in ShowHideMode and the device is in portrait mode, this function can be used to make the master page visible.

View Entire Topic
Alexbat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced the same problem. The SplitApp container hasn't been done for this purpose (it's more to be used as a responsive menu)

But, you can easily use jQuery to hide it.

I created the following css class :

.extHidePanel {

width: 0px !important;

}

And with jQuery you can do this :

//My panel ID is "Page.Main", don't forget to add "\\" before ".", also you can easily find the element using a debugger tool (and the div id is "Split-Master" for the left container)

var leftPanel = $("#Page\\.Main\\.Split-Master");

leftPanel.toggleClass("extHidePanel", false);

Be carefule as the panel must be created before using this function (you can't call it during the onInit function for instance..)