cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extractor 2lis_03_BF brought already loaded records on repeat delta

0 Kudos

Hi All,

2lis_03_BF has brought previous day loaded records into BW and today's records on repeat delta. Could you please let me know why this is happening.

Thanks,

Akhila

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Akhila,

There are at least a couple of reasons for that. For the following remarks, I am considering you use a InfoPackage.

From an extraction/data load perspective, firstly, a delta repeat must bring data that wasn't loaded to BW (for example, if you load 2LIS_03_BF once per day, it must bring yesterday's if it wasn't loaded already, meaning if request from yesterday's data wasn't confirmed on BW side by means of green status) plus new data available.

This is the normal functioning: if it is a delta repeat, the Request will bring both set of data. Now, if you saw that this data from yesterday was already in BW (it was loaded *and* the request has a green status in the Request monitor, that was automatically set), then you have an issue - and in this case I advise you to check your User Exits and any custom code you might have, since it is coming duplicated in a delta load, which may indicate a problem with custom code triggered by delta load. You can do a selective deletion plus a full repair to ensure consistency again.

Secondly, if previous delta (not the repeat delta), was set to red manually for example, and data was successfully loaded in PSA Table, then you will have duplicated data as consequence (Bare in mind the opposite: if you turn a red request status into a green status, you will lose data since it won't be keep for a repeat anymore once infopackage triggers the next delta load).

On the other hand, if we analyze from an Application Perspective, I'd mention the two main cases I've seen happening: If you see two lines for what you would expect to be one line and is the same material number for both, it might be due to goods receipt from stock in transit having indeed two movements from BW side, which would generate then two line items.

Another scenario: would be when you post a goods movement into the previous period. Due to a change of the S-price, a revaluation occurs for the current period.In this case, the system also extracts two lines even though the material document only contains one line (check SAP KBA 1756289 and Note 415542 for more details on these cases).

For general reference I recommend SAP Note 1548125 Interesting facts about Inventory Cubes.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Tania