cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between consuming third party Web services from SAP PI/CPI and from SAP ABAP

dhawal_patil
Participant
0 Kudos

We are working on the e-invoice for Turkey. For the e-invoice operations, we need to consume a third-party web service and perform some operations.

I know that we can use the WSDL and just generate a proxy in the SAP ABAP system with t-code "SPROXY".

I want to know if we consume this third-party web service via SAP PI/CPI, will it make any difference? Will consuming a third-party web service via PI/CPI add any advantage?

View Entire Topic
daviddasilva
Active Contributor

Hi Dhawal,

You are able to consume the webservice the same through both services.

The advantage of doing it through CPI would be more flexible in terms of sending the e-invoice to wherever it needs to go - you could also alter the incoming payload before processing it for the e-invoice.

If you have no reason to go through CPI then I would avoid it if you can get what you need through the ABAP route. Basically, if everything you need to do can be done with just one application (ABAP) then there's no need to complicate it by introducing CPI unless it gives you something that the ABAP code can't do.

Kind regard,

David

dhawal_patil
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you David. This answers my query.