Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination Service failed after deployment - Cloud Foundry

andreeav
Explorer

Hello, 

After re-deploying MTA application on BTP I encountered the following error :

"Updating service "*-destination-service" failed: Service broker error: Service broker destination-service-broker failed with: Failed to update the destination service instance with the user provided configuration."

What could be the cause of it?

jlouceiro
Explorer
0 Kudos
Exact same problem here. Since Friday, deploys to CF are breaking the Destination Service for the UI5 app. Only "fix" I found was deleting the failing service and redeploying it.
View Entire Topic

Hi,

Please check your definition for the "existing_destinations_policy" configuration from the mta.yaml.

See more information here: https://help.sap.com/docs/connectivity/sap-btp-connectivity-cf/create-destinations-using-mta-descrip...

Thanks,

Rotem

jlouceiro
Explorer

Exact same problem here.
Since Friday, deploys to CF are breaking the Destination Service for the UI5 app.

Only "fix" I found was deleting the failing service, redeploying and then the update stopped failing

Problem is, when we delete and recreate the service, it's GUID changes.
This means that any configuration that's using that ID will need to be redone.
In my case, the HTML5's application URL changed, so my bookmarks and some BTP configurations had to be redone.
If your app lives in more than one subaccount, this will lead to a downtime in each one of them, so this doesn't look like a real "fix".

(sorry for the duplicated half-comment, I accidentaly posted it before finishing)

andreeav
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you for your answers! I fixed it in the same way, by deleting the failed service and recreating it after deployment.