cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta without data from a DTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a newly built transformation between a ODS and cube.

The ods is having 7000 requests in it and now i want to do a Delta with out data transfer by a DTP from ods to cube for that i am going to the extraction tab of the DTP and then selection Fetch Delta Status fro source and when i execute this DTP and waits and it selects all the rrquests fro the ODS and after that in SM12 it shows all locks and then it gives a error pop up showing that LOCK TABLE OVERFLOW.

The technical status of the requets is green and the overall status of the request is yellow and the locks remain there when i make the request red all the loclks are gone.

Please sugest how can i do a delta with out data transfer from ods to cube with out this error.

Cheers,

Vikram

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the option " Delta Init without data" in the Extraction tab of DTP to load delta without data to your target infoprovider.

Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Can do delta with out data for any plant or period but what about the next deltas the next delats will be based on the previous dleta withut data init

Cheers

Vikram

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give a try a to my approach it may solve your issue once you are done with what i mentioned then you can remove the filter from dtp.

Next day it will bring only the new deltas hopefully.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Run the DTP with "no data transfer option, set the delta status", It will set the delta status to the latest request.even you can see this in your DSO.

If your DSO is loading only to this CUBE.once you run this DTP with no data transfer option, you can see data mart symbol for all the request.

From next day onwards only latest request will be loaded to CUBE as delta.

You can load the delta from Change log table or Active table(You will have this options in extraction tab of DTP).

Hope this helps

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

I hope you have not got my point i know how to delta with out data transfer.

When i am doing this it is selecting al the requests from below ods and my sm12 is getting filled and it shows an error saying that lock table overflow,

Cheers

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vikram,

Have you tried AL approach.?

Say you have data in dso from 2005,then in delta dtp give the selection

For 0CALDAY as 2004.your will delta dtp will get successful with 0 records.

Then remove the selections and activate the dtp.

Try this once,it should work

Regards,

Venkatesh

former_member102099
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

never tried this but can you give selections while using "no data transfer option, set the delta status.

Break your DTP selections into 1 year each and then see how many requests it locks, if it works then you can do it for all the time period one by one until every record in the source is covered.

Regards

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to clarify one thing that.

If you do a delta with out data transfer with some selection which is not there in the source even then it has to consider all the request from source atleast one time.

My problem is my lock is table is not able to maintain more than 3600 locks but in source i have 9000 requests.

Cheers,

Vikram