cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Database comparison in SAP ALM

divanova1005
Explorer

Hello,

Different teams in our company are using CDC very intensively and the tool is very popular and beneficial.

Can you please let me know why it is not included as functionality in SAP ALM?

How the teams will compare the important data after 2027?

!!! Please vote in my SAP request in case you'd like SAP to build CDC application in Cloud ALM as well

https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#idea/311009

Thank you!

Regards,

Desislava

DinoPhilips
Participant

divanova1005 : Good question!

CDC also heavily used within our company and will be surely missed if similar functionality is not available in CALM.

Haven't found it (yet...) on the CALM Roadmap either ....

BR Dino

View Entire Topic
brad_saxon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Desislava - Please review the Configuration and Security Analysis (CSA) functionality available via SAP Cloud ALM for Operations >> Overview While not exactly the same as CDC, very similar functionality.

For the currently supported content, please check the Configuration & Security Analysis content page.

As an fyi, SAP has delivered a Transition to SAP Cloud ALM portal which maps older On-Prem functionality to SAP Cloud ALM functionality. Link will be: https://support.sap.com/en/alm/sap-cloud-alm/transition-to-sap-cloud-alm.html

divanova1005
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the information! 🙂

I checked "Configuration and Security Analysis" functionality and it seems similar as "Configuration Validation "as it collects and compares configuration and security data. Even in the site "Transition to SAP Cloud ALM" in the Operation matrix it is pointed as is a successor of "Configuration Validation". "Cross Database comparison" is not presented in Cloud ALM.

Because of that functional gap and other missing critical functionally (including missing migration tools) we are not planning to migrate so far to SAP Cloud ALM