cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting crystal reports from VS2008 to VS2010 - convert the solution

former_member657844
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a functioning C# app in VS2008 which uses Crystal Reports for 2008. I installed the release version of Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 and rebuilt the solution in VS2010. The site works, though I haven't tested any reports, but whenever I open the solution, which includes several projects, VS continues to ask me to Convert the Solution to Crystal Reports for 2010.

I changed all of the projects belonging to the solution to target .NET framework 4.0, which is probably the reason why this is happening.

What should I do so that the solution is considered converted?

Robert

View Entire Topic
former_member657844
Participant
0 Kudos

I changed the directory to be easily accessible and added Everyone with Full Control. I also made sure the entire project was read/write - but no success at all.

then I went to the event viewer > Application errors and saw all of the Crystal Reports errors. This is the detail:

The keycode assembly, BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll, cannot be loaded.

Robert

former_member657844
Participant
0 Kudos

The keycode assembly, BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll, cannot be loaded.

Why has nobody responded to this error? When I google it, there are numerous ads advertising software which promises to clean the registry and remove this problem (whatever it is) connected to this dll, but I'm reluctant to do that before hearing what monitors say about this specific error.

I've tried re-installing the production release of CR for VS2010 and now I'm thinking of re-installing VS2010 to see if that makes a difference. All I've been trying to do for 2 weeks is install CR in 2010 and convert a working 2008 solution. The result is success apart from CR which fails..

Robert

former_member657844
Participant
0 Kudos

It works!

I removed CR for 2010, CR for 2008, VS2010, VS2008 and then just installed the 2010 apps (VS2010, CR for VS2010). No more problems.

Robert