cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call external URL from ABAP userexit, capture data and return it to SAP?

former_member202002
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My apologies if this question has been asked before, but I've searched for a few hours today and haven't found anything directly related to my question. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

I would like to be able to make a call from an SAP userexit during Sales Order Entry in the VA01 transaction in the SD module to an external website, allow the user to capture some data in the external site and then pass that data back into the userexit where I can use it to populate internal tables, etc.

I'm completely unfamiliar with Web Dynpro programming, but this seems like a good place to start my search for a solution.

Does this sound like a problem that can be solved with Web Dynpro and what documentation or code examples should I reference to go about building such a solution.

I should also note that I'm hoping to build a solution that could be called from any userexit in R/3, SAP ERP, SAP CRM, etc. and would obviously need to learn about what dependencies to consider (ex: SAP GUI version, SAP product release number, Web AS release, etc.).

Eric

View Entire Topic
abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CL_HTTP_CLIENT or Function Module HTTP_GET can be used here.

You can find many examples for these objects on SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

How to upload currency Exchange Rates through (WWW.XE.COM ) in to SAP Table and its should update data within 30 min.

is this requirement feasible if how can i do this kindly help me

0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Could you please let me know if you have resolved your question or not?

I have exactly the same requirement.

Regards,

Muhammad Asad Qureshi