Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated/Restricted Measure based on Story filter

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used a table to display some of the financial information in an SAC report. The report has 4 dimensions as Rows and a Dimension (Fiscal Year Period) and 2 Measures (Revenue & Margin) as Columns.

The measures are grouped under the Column dimension ‘Fiscal Year Period’. The Fiscal Year Period is also a filter at the Story level. The user can select any of the Fiscal Year Periods such as 2019011, 2019010, 2019009, 2019008 etc.

I want to add a column to the report to display the Revenue movement which is the difference between the revenue from the latest fiscal year period and the previous period.

For example, if the user selects the periods from 2019005 to 2019011 (using the Story filter), then the Revenue movement is calculated by subtracting 2019010 revenue from 2019011 revenue. Can you please suggest how can I achieve this?

Thanks

Vinod

View Entire Topic
Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martijn,

Thank you for the response. I have noticed that 'Difference From' option is not available in the Table but is available in the Chart. Not sure whether this is because I am using the Live connection?

Regards

Vinod