cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.0 with BW 7.1 or BW 7.3 release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW and BO Experts,

I want to understand logical difference and advantage between BW 7.1 and BW 7.3 related to BO 4.0 release

>> Currently we are on BW 7.1 SR2 and BOEXI 3.1.3

We have a plan to Upgrade to BO 4.0 very soon upon availability. I already checked BO PAM, BW 7.1 SR2 is OK for BO 4.0 release to work with.

But question here is,

A. Which BW 7.1 or BW 7.3 is more compatible from semantic layer perspective and creation of Universe etc.

B. What is ADVANTAGE we getting if we Upgrade BW 7.1 -> BW 7.3 (I know BW 7.3 has in memory processing,HANA etc.)

Thank you in advance,

Amit Lal

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

A. From BO 4.0 you not need to build universe for extracting data from BEx. You can use BICS to get BW data from BEx to BO Reporting Tools

B. These links provide you detail ADVANTAGES for BW 7.3

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/edw?rid=/library/uuid/304444f7-e02d-2d10-9c97-d5e3ecf09882

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/edw?rid=/library/uuid/300347b5-9bcf-2d10-efa9-8cc8d89ee72c

Hope this answer your question

Cheers

M.N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawaz,

Thanks for your inputs.

Do you suggest we should stay on NW 7.1 or plan ahead to move on NW 7.3 for more tight integration with BO 4?

Correct me if I'm wrong, we don't required any integration kit in BO 4 to communicate with ERP/BW

I understand that moving on NW 7.3 is best investment and good ROI in future, considering technical difference between 7.1 and 7.3, do you see any document available.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

There is no separate int.Kit for SAP in BO XI 4.0 since the functionality is included in the basic installation. Please notze though that you do have to import the appropriate transports into your SAP BW backend system (as it was the case with BO XI 3.1).

I do believe that NW 7.3 offers better support for BO XI 4.0. If you have the time and the resources I would recommend to upgrade.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stratos,

For your statement,

"I do believe that NW 7.3 offers better support for BO XI 4.0. If you have the time and the resources I would recommend to upgrade"

Do you see any document or SAP Recommendation validated by SAP folks. Reason, I',m looking for exact distinguish, which feature is missing in NW 7.1 but available in NW 7.3 for BO 4 respectively.

Thanks a lot!

Amit

0 Kudos

I do not believe that features will be missing when using SAP BW 7.1. According to the documentation tHis version is officially fully supported. I would expect though SAP BW 7.3 to contain more performance optimizations regarding the integraiton with BO than an older BW version.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit -

We are in a similar situation as what you described. Have you made any progress?

My biggest concern is the bapis that crystal reports calls in bw - we have modified those and I want to make sure those are overwritten.

Thanks,

Matt