cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.3 - Different naming of Personal Folders

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor

Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed the inconsistent naming of Personal Folders in BI 4.3. When you login to BI Launchpad, the folders view offers the label "Personal Folders"

When you save a Webi file, you are offered the label "My Folders"

When you save an Analysis file, you are offered My Documents title and then "Favorites" folder

Is there a way to standardise these naming conventions?

Thanks

Gill

View Entire Topic
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

gill.leo

No, there is no way to standardize the naming conventions in BI 4.3. The different applications have different names for the personal folders, and this is unlikely to change in the near future. You may want to consider creating a single folder structure for all of your personal documents, and then placing shortcuts to each of the folders in the various applications. This way, you can keep the folder structure consistent across all of your applications, while still being able to access the various folders from within the applications.

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your follow up.

It's disappointing that there is a difference between the applications and no immediate appetite to have a uniform approach. My focus was on simplifying training materials for our end users and the different language/labels on the folders was confusing.

Thanks again

Gill