cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS12: Year(SomedateColumn) = xx with Index on SomedateColumn produces no results

w_h
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a small Bugreport for ADS 12.0.0.0, free Table:

A simple SQL Statement executed in ARC32 like "select * from sometable where year(somedatecolumn) = 2016" fails if the Table has an index on somedatecolumn.

SQL to test:

Create Table BUGTEST(

ID AutoInc,

Somedate TimeStamp);

EXECUTE PROCEDURE sp_CreateIndex90( 'BUGTEST', 'BUGTEST.adi', 'PRIMARY', 'Somedate', '', 2, 1024, NULL );

insert into BUGTEST (Somedate) VALUES (now());

select * from BUGTEST where Year(SomeDate) = Year(now())

This SQL should select one column but it does not! If you change "Year(SomeDate) = Year(now())" to "Year(SomeDate) >= Year(now())" or drop the Index on Somedate it works.

This seems like a bug or am I doing something wrong? In all previous versions everything worked correct.

Kind regards,

Wolfgang Hanke

w_h
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dropping the index is not an option, we created the index due to performance issues.

So what kann we tell our customers regarding this bug:

Downgrade to ADS11 or wait for it to be fixed (ASAP)?

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Engineering will investigate this problem, but there is no timeframe currently available for a fix.

w_h
Explorer
0 Kudos

After almost 3 month of investigation, any news?

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Engineering will investigate to this issue, but there is no timeframe for a fix.

In general, the SCN will not updated for status of engineering reported issues.
If you want to get status updates of reported issues to the engineering, so please open a support incident, which will be send to the engineering and documented of the working process in there.

w_h
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well, I sent  your so called "support incident" almost 3 month ago. And got no answer. This is not acceptable.

What do you suggest me to do now? Remember, I told you about this bug in january and NOTHING happened since then. Is this how SAP cares about customers?

w_h
Explorer
0 Kudos

For anyone interested: SAP did NOTHING to fix this issue. Its still an open incident, no information given to me.

View Entire Topic
jhoehne
Participant
0 Kudos

What next release? Service pack 3? ADS 14?

When? 2020? 2021? later?

After the error was first reported here and before upgrading the first user to ADS12 we changed all relating SQLs from "year(col)=x" to "col between x-01-01 00:00:00 and x-12-31 23:59:59".