cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-On DVD mount points not being recognized

rommel_bhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello I am upgrading from BI 7.0 (SP 116) NW to BW 7.3 (SP3). I am at a point for the AddOn Descision for FINBASIS, SEM-BW, SAP_BS_FND and ST-A/PI. Based on OSS Note 1539356 - Upgrade to NW 7.3 with SEM-BW, FINBASIS, SAP_BS_FND, WEBCUIF, I downloaded the CD 51040274 and choose the Add-On with CD option and it comes back with following message:

The data carrier '/usr/sap/put/LABEL.ASC' has no matching label file: wrong type

The data carrier '/usr/sap/put/DATA_UNITS/FINBASIS_634_UPGR/LABEL.ASC' has no matching label file: wrong type

The data carrier '/usr/sap/put/DATA_UNITS/SAP_BS_FND_730_UPGR/LABEL.ASC' has no matching label file: wrong type

The data carrier '/usr/sap/put/DATA_UNITS/SEMBW_634_UPGR/LABEL.ASC' has no matching label file: wrong type

The data carrier '/usr/sap/put/DATA_UNITS/WEBCUIF_730_INST/LABEL.ASC' has no matching label file: wrong type

The data carrier '/usr/sap/put/DATA_UNITS/WEBCUIF_730_UPGR/LABEL.ASC' has no matching label file: wrong type

Whereas the LABEL.ASC has the correct label in each case...I have tried couple of combinations of creating own directory for each but it comes back with the same message. In the note 1539356 I read the following sentence and am thinking this may be the cause since I am on NW 7.0 SP14 and not NW 7.01 as the note suggests. Is there another Add-On CD or packages that we have to use going from 7.0 to 7.3 in the BW Environment?

Reason and Prerequisites

The following initial situations are supported for the upgrade to SAP NetWeaver 7.3 with SEM-BW 634, FINBASIS 634, SAP_BS_FND 730 and WEBCUIF 730:

SEM-BW 604, FINBASIS 604, SAP_BS_FND 701 (and WEBCUIF 700) on SAP_BASIS 701

Note: Note that only this one upgrade path is supported.

In the rest of this note, SEM-BW 634/FINBASIS 634/SAP_BS_FND 701/WEBCUIF 700 are just referred to as "the add-ons mentioned above".

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rommel,

We are in the process of running Prepare Phase of the BW 7.3 upgrade and having the same issues in all DVDs as listed in page #7-8 of the Media List SAP NetWeaver7.3.

Have you resolved problems that you reported? Thanks, Shelley

rommel_bhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shelly,

If I remember it was a FTP issue. Typically we use the FTP provided (called SSH Tectia client) by our SSH window to download files from our local drives to UNIX servers, and by default it is set to automatic mode...for binary and text, however it wasn't working correctly and so I think we put in Binary mode and that got the download correctly for all the DVD's. Once we got the files FTP'd correctly to the server this error went away.

thanks,

Rommel