Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting a rounding difference

Thandeka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a calculation that is not working and hoping you can help. I have a data action that looks at the Trial balance (has income statement and balance sheet data). I need to round the amounts/values to the nearest thousand. And then post the rounding difference [(Amounts/1000) - Round((Amounts/1000),0), to 3 accounts. 

• For the income statement rounding difference, it should be posted to IS_ROUND
  • For the Balance sheet rounding difference, it should be posted to either BS_ROUND_DR or BS_ROUND_CR, depending on whether the rounding difference is positive or negative.

The issue is that the rounding difference I see when I run the data action, I get a higher number than expected. Please advise, thanks in advance.

My Data action:
MEMBERSET [d/CBS_PROFIT_CENTER] = (BASEMEMBER([d/CBS_PROFIT_CENTER].[h/TOTAL], %profit_center%))
IF [d/Measures] = "IS_Rounding" AND [d/CBS_ACCOUNTS] = "ROUNDING_IS" AND [d/CBS_Account_Cognos].[p/BIS_Company_Code] = "46212" THEN
DATA([d/CBS_ACCOUNTS] = "ROUNDING_IS", [d/Measures] = "Rounding_Measure", [d/CBS_Account_Cognos] = "IS-ROUNDING46212M-PL20300") = RESULTLOOKUP([d/CBS_ACCOUNTS] = "ROUNDING_IS", [d/Measures] = "IS_Rounding")
ENDIF
IF RESULTLOOKUP([d/Measures] = "IS_Rounding", [d/CBS_ACCOUNTS] = "ROUNDING_BS") < 0 THEN
IF [d/CBS_Account_Cognos].[p/BIS_Company_Code] = "46212" THEN
DATA([d/CBS_ACCOUNTS] = "ROUNDING_BS", [d/Measures] = "Rounding_Measure", [d/CBS_Account_Cognos] = "BS-ROUNDING46212M-BS20400") = RESULTLOOKUP([d/CBS_ACCOUNTS] = "ROUNDING_IS", [d/Measures] = "IS_Rounding")
ELSE
DATA([d/CBS_ACCOUNTS] = "ROUNDING_BS", [d/Measures] = "Rounding_Measure", [d/CBS_Account_Cognos] = "BS-ROUNDING46212M-BS10420") = RESULTLOOKUP([d/CBS_ACCOUNTS] = "ROUNDING_IS", [d/Measures] = "IS_Rounding")
ENDIF
ENDIF

marinakisel
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Thandeka, Just to clarify the requirements: If the rounding difference is negative it should go to BS-ROUNDING46212M-BS20400 and if the rounding difference is positive it should go to BS-ROUNDING46212M-BS10420? From the code you've sent, the data action is checking property p/BIS_Company_Code (not the sign +/- of the value) to define what the destination CBS_Account_Cognos should be. If that doesn't solve the problem, please specify what are the "IS_Rounding" and "Rounding_Measure".
Thandeka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @marinakisel, the issue was that instead of looking at the account values as a YTD number and then calculate, it calculates each month and then sums up the results of the calculation. The Data Action seems to be working now. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)