cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 RFC Lookup on PI BACKEND

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to run an RFC FM on the backend of PI 7.1 and I'm running it from a graphical mapping on another software component.

So I have a SAP APPL 4.7 software component that has an interface that needs to run a FM on the backend of PI. But the RFCLookup function in the graphical mapping seems to require that my RFC is called from my R/3 system (SAP APPL 4.7). How can I make it point to my PI backend?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

You mention SLD designtime dependency. In PI 7.1 I have added BASIS 7.10 to the SLD "MetaDataRequest" dependencies for APPL 4.7 but I am still not able to call the imported RFC from my mapping using the UDF "RFC Lookup".

Is Meta Data correct? In PI 7.1 where is the designtime dependency determined?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought so too. This worked in XI 3.0 with a UDF. The UDF now gives an error "Channel not Found" and "refresh the cache". I've verified multiple times that the Channel exists correctly in the Directory and we've refreshed the cache in every way possible (we think). The channel appears in the ABAP cache and Mapping Runtime Cache.

After I gave up on my UDF from 3.0 I tried the new conversion function "RFCLookup" in 7.1. I followed the instructions (the same blog you listed). Since the FM runs on the the PI backend I uploaded it to the BASIS 7.10 software component. But my namespace/interface is built on our R/3 software component (SAP APPL 4.7). When I try to add the FM to the RFCLookup function it shows that I can only select an RFC from the SAP APPL 4.7 component. I have no way of choosing an RFC uploaded to the BASIS 7.10 component. And I have no way of uploading a PI FM to the SAP APPL 4.7 component. Do I?

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i understand, you are trying to create a mapping in SAP APPL 4.7 Software Component that uses RFC graphical lookup. You have your RFC signature in BASIS 7.10. You want to use this RFC in the graphical lookup, but it dosen't showup. Hence there are 2 ways:

1) You can mention a SLD designtime depenency of SAP APPL 4.7 on BASIS 7.10 without needing to re-import the RFC signature to SAP APPL 4.7.

2) Why are you creating Customer specific mappings in SAP delivered SWCV SAP APPL 4.7 Software Component ?? Create a Customer Specific SWCV, defined dependencies in SLD and develop your mappings there.

- Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matt,

You can still import RFC from PI7.1 backend by overwriting current backend setting. Just import correct RFC from PI7.1 and then revert back to original.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you import RFC which you want to use in IR (ESR)? Import RFC from PI7.1 if you want to use it.

Regards,

Gourav

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use any system (RFC channel) you want

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk