cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing values from one comp to another comp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created two components. CompA and CompB. I have delcared compB as used comp in COMPA.

In CompB I have created a node in comp controller and mapped it to the view. In the compA comp controller I have created a node with the same structure as in COMPB.

In CompA i have an input filed which is mapped to the attribute in the node. the value passed in this inputfield should be passed to the compB and display there.

Also this navigation should happen only when I click the button in CompA. and display the value entered in CompB

I have gone through many threads but not clear on the steps to do this. Can some one help me in doing this.

Thanks ,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be one of the ways -

On Button Click of Comp A, create the URL of the CompB application.

To this URL pass the parameters that you require and use these paramerters in COMPB and display the results. After thie URL is generated , call the application as a EXTERNAL WINDOW of IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER.

Refer this link -

In this case you need not include the Comp B as component usage in Comp A.

Or

When you have included Comp B as component usages in Comp A then, create instance for this Component usage using the code wizard. Using this object reference call the respective methods of that

component and pass the value of CompA to Comp B's method using this object.

Refer these links-

Check out this for Arjuns' reply on the same -

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Comp B,Make the node as Interface node by checking the Interface Node property.

While using Comp B in Comp A,just drag and drop the node from the Interface Controller as Comp B is used in Comp A.

After this,if you enter the value in Component A,since its binding is from interface node,the data will pass to the Comp B also.

Through get_attribute ,you can get the value in Comp B that is passed from the Comp A.

Thanks,

Divya.S

Answers (0)