cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters for CSV file configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the changes in parameters required in configuring csv file compared to xml file? can any one please give me parameters for communication channel while sender is csv file?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Nothing can go beyond this

Converting File Content in a Sender Adapter

If you have selected File Content Conversion as the Message Protocol, you can convert a text file containing complex structures into an XML source format in this mode. The file contains various row formats in logical structures.

File Structure

The system expects a file with one or more logical structures (recordsets). An unlimited number of recordsets (either one, multiple, or all recordsets in the file) can be sent to the Integration Server/PCK as separate messages.

A recordset can contain multiple types of substructures identified by logical names. There can be a fixed or variable number of substructures in a recordset.

The structure of these substructures must be fixed and corresponds to the description of the row structure logic in the table below. There is no validation of the structure. A substructure must always be shown in exactly one line of the text document.

The document has the following structure:

represents the maximum number of columns in this case. This parameter also functions together with the specification of a line break for xml.endSeparator.

This value requires NameA.addHeaderLine=0 to be specified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The answer is very simple:

Suppose u have a file data

Name

XXX,21,Uk

YYY,23,US

Use the following parameter:

Recordset Name: MT_Details

Recordset str : HEADER,*

HEADER.fieldSeparator: ,

HEADER.endSeparator: 'nl'

HEADER.fieldNames :Name,Age,Location

Also refer the following weblog for more information.

use fieldSeparator see the spelling it should be in proper case.

refer the below weblog for more information:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

Also refer the file FCC parameters.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im doing a file to proxy scenario, where in the inout file if i have spaces then at proxy these spaces are truncated,

i tried the NameA.fieldContentFormatting - nothing also but still its not working,

In XI side , i checked the message in view source but even there itself spaces are missed,

Could you please suggest me on this issue

Regards

Archanaa

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/06/how-to-process-csv-data-with-xi-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2