Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range objects

rameshputta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using number range object in one of my application developed using sap rap in BTP environment.

As soon as I created the number range object, it shows up in ' Manage Number Range Interval' app for me to setup the intervals. But after transporting it to the customer system, I do not see this object in their system.

I checked to make sure I have similar roles in our system and in customer system. Not sure what I am missing.

Appreciate any inputs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

holm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

you also need to add in a suitable IAM App the Authorisation Object "S_NUMBER" and enter the names of your objects in the field NROBJ, and maintain proper activities, depending on the role you intend. Otherwise the intervals are not shown/maintainable in customer tenanants.

holm_1-1726246238481.png

KR,
Holm

rameshputta
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Holm, thank you! Is it only for the customer tenants ? becuase, the app shows the NR objects just fine in TEST environment without doing any of this.
holm
Participant
0 Kudos
yes, seems so. We had exactly the same issue, and after a rather lengthy OSS conversation the above solution was advised.
rameshputta
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Holm, thanks again. Do need to maintain any information in Overview and Services tabs? or just update these in the authorization tab is good enough?
holm
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Ramesh, yw! Nothing else than shown needed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peterpersiel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi rameshputta,

please make sure following roles/catalogs are assigned:

• Business Catalog: SAP_CA_BC_IC_LND_NUM_PC (Number Range Management – Configuration)
  • Business Role: BR_BPC_EXPERT

The flow for the transport is as follows:

• In your (development) software component create a number range object in ADT and release the workbench transport
  • In your development system in the Manage Number Range Intervals app you create an interval on a customizing request in your (business configuration) software component and release the customizing transport
  • You can create and check your customizing request in the "Export Customizing Transports" app
  • Finally in the target system you would clone/pull both the (development) software component with the number range object as well as the (business configuration) software component with the interval

For the number range object part, please refer to: https://help.sap.com/docs/sap-btp-abap-environment/abap-environment/maintaining-number-range-objects
For the interval part, please refer to: https://help.sap.com/docs/sap-btp-abap-environment/abap-environment/manage-number-range-intervals

Best regards,
Peter

rameshputta
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Peter, thank you for the response. When I created the number range object in DEV, I do see it listed in "manage Number Range Interval" app. And even after transporting to Test, I see it listed in the app where I could create the intervals manually. But when the transport reaches customer system, I could see it listed in the app even though I have the roles roles that you specified.
rameshputta
Participant
0 Kudos
Sorry, I meant I do not see the number range object in the app in the customer system.