cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification in SAP MI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody inform me if there is any notification mechanism available in SAP MI ?

Whenever there is any transaction in backend server by other application, Is it possible to automatically display notification ( SMS, Alert, Mesasgebox e.t.c) regarding that transaction in the mobile devices?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Satyabrata panda,

you have CCMS - Monitoring Systems in MI.

Just give CCMS+Alerts in Search criteria in help.sap.com or sdn itself. You will get your answers. you have to configure your server for that. you may find that from MI Configuration Documentation from Market Place.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Ak.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies.

I have gone through all the links but not very sure how to send the alert to mobile device for transactional data.

I am taking a practical example to explain the situation better.

I have done all the configuration for CCM and Alert Monitoring and whenever there is any update in Backend database (Transactional Data), an alert with the updated data needs to be sent to device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satya

<b>*Alerts with CCMS</b>

SAP MI Client Component messages. These include, for example, warning messages if a certain percentage of the remaining storage is exhausted. You can edit the status of the alerts manually in the detailed display.

<b>*Alert Monitor (transaction MI_ALMON):</b>

With the alert monitor, you can display the alerts that were reported to the CCMS. You can make your selections on the basis of various criteria. The entire history is displayed.

Also check these links

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/88/d9741034b761488ac04b939ae9c951/frameset.htm">CCMS</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6b/e14d3bf5d70c30e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">Alert monitor</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/174d79176b576ee10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm">Monitoring</a>

Regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the response.

but What I understood from the documentation of SAP MI that the CCM Monitoring system is generally used for monitoring administrative jobs ( Monitoring database jobs, Logging, DB storage space e.t.c)

I am not very sure how it can be configured to send application specific alert (Details of the transaction which is performed by separate applications in teh backend)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to transaction

RZ20

. This takes you to CCMS Monitor Sets. here you can monitor the following.

· R/3 background jobs

· Transaction performance

· Transaction and program update errors

· Application Log messages

· Due List Log messages for deliveries and invoices

· Interfaces

For application specific monitoring, say Mobile Infrastructure, you will have to configure it(using Inst guide). it will appear in your RZ20 transaction. here you can activate it.

Regards,

ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you really need to think about is that MI is built to be disconnected from SAP. It will retrieve updates from SAP upon synchronization, but otherwise is not aware of other users. You could attach code to the synchronization portion to pull out messages and create a message screen that synchronization goes to for displaying the messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello satyabrata,

the CCMS might serve this purpose, however, the client

has to get the alert from the server (PULL type) as the

protocol is based in HTTP. server PUSH type notification

is not currently supported.

regards

jo