cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Language Transport for already live Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a BW 3.50 SP19 system running on NW04, Windows 2003/MS SQL 2000.

I have been asked to install a new language for a country onto our BW landscape, when I installed the languages at the system build stage, we imported the language into client 000, supplemented with English, then we did the client copy to create the actual project clients, so the language elements were copied over as part of the client copy from the data dictionary 000.

Now we have been live for over a year, I need to install this new language, so I was going to use SMLT in client 000 as DDIC, supplement it with English as required.

Because we have imported Support Packs since the original install (we are on SP19) we need to import the Support Pack language for the new language,

Looking at OSS Note 352941 - The subsequent import of the language parts from the Support Packages (RSTLAN_IMPORT_OCS) can be accessed in transaction SMLT, using the menu path

Language -> Special Actions -> Import Support Packages

I take it these support pack languages are picked up from the EPS/IN directory? only problem is after importing these previously into the landscape I have deleted them from the /usr/sap/trans/eps/in directory to save space, so do I need to download all the support packs again and unpack them?

Also, is there anything I need to do for the productive clients ? I installed a new language on 4.6C a few years ago and I'm sure there was some sort of 'refill' job that copied from 000 to your productive clients, but I cannot find any mention of this, is it required in 640 NW04 ?

Have SAP got a PDF documentation for this? I have had a look at the install/upgrade guides but I cannot find any documentation, though OSS Note 676714 refers to guide 'Language import with transaction SMLT' if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it !

Due to project demands I need to have this in production in 3 days, I plan to do DEV, then QA, then PRD, 1 a day.

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've found a document called SAP WAS 640 Language Transport on SAP.COM, this states that the program RSREFILL which populates the production client with the language has been integrated into the supplementation program.

So, my plan now is :

1. Log into into client 000 as DDIC

1. Classify and Import the new language (French) using SMLT

2. Import language parts from previously imported support packs from /usr/sap/trans/EPS/IN (OSS Note 352941)

3. Supplement French with English for missing translations.

Does this sound ok? Will this populate the productive client on the system with French? I am planning to this on DEV tonight, QA tomorrow and Production over the weekend when the system is not used.

If anyone has imported a language in this way after applying support packs on NW04, I would appreciate their thoughts.

Thanks for any help.