cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Java SID and solution Manager SID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I had a solution manager installation which I used to generate the key that was used for the Netweaver java 2004s Netweaver installation. to get the key, I used the SMSY transaction using the ABAP gui to the solution manager.

Not sure if I also had the SID for the solution manager as J2e but the SID of java stack is J2E.

So until I installed the Java Stack I was able to use the client tool to login to run my transaction

Now once my java stack is running, I tried to use the client GUI to login to the SOlution manager but no luck. Is it because the SID of the solution manager and the J2E are of the same name.

Please advice.

thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you installed your J2EE as Add-In or as standalone. If it's standalone, you will have a problem if aour J2EE sytem and your ABAP system have the same SID. The SID is unique for installations on a host.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel;

I think I did the standalone installation.

I'm a newbie with this installation. have couple of more dumb questions:

1. When I tried to install the J2EE it said I need the Solution Manager Key. I started the J2EE installation with j2E

2.So I stopped the J2EE installation and started the Solution Manager Installation. I think during that installation it asked for SID and I gave it as J2E

3. the solution manager finished successfully And I was able to log into SMSY to get the key for the J2EE

4. So when the solution manager installation is done, looks like it should have also installed the J2EE engine right and I dont need to install the J2EE engine. Somehow when I tried to login to the portal it did not allow me. Thats where I was confused and went ahead to do the J2EE installation.

Is it possible for you to let me know the high level steps for the installation. I'm reading the document but it is too much information to understand a simple flow.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It should not be the problem, please sheck your J2E is green in MMC or not then check the WP's and network.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari:

What is WP

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please make sure you use the correct system number.

Its very confuse last time I install the solution manager.

In the installation its only ask for 1 system number, and that for J2EE system number.

For the abap number just + 1. (ext J2ee = 00 than abap = 01)

If you using windows than you can check the system number from the console.

May be you get the same condition.

Regards,

Fendi Suyanto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Fendi.

I have JC00 and SCS01 ( console: Netweaver 0 and netweaver 1 and everything is green)

But I would like to use the SAP Java GUI and ABAP gui to connect to the system.

With the Java GUI, the sytem always shows none and I'm not able to change it to J2E

With ABAP GUI I used to login before I instalel the AS JAVA after the solution manager. but now it says that prtnet 10.1.5.135:sapdp00 not reached,

WSAECONNREFUSED: conenction refused

Thanks for your time and help again,

Regards,

Ravi