cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to add one defect/message to multiple test cases at the same time in Solution Manager 7.1

rohan_shirude
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to add one defect/message to multiple test cases at the same in Solution Manager 7.1.

Please help me how can i do it?

Regards,

Rohan Shirude

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan.

You can simply do it by button "Assign Message" in tester worklist. Maybe there are similar ways in test plan management.

Hope it helps.

rohan_shirude
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I am in t.code STWB_WORK and there is no button exists "Assign Message" there can you please correct me if i am wrong?

Also i have checked with STWB_2 with selecting test plan and click on Message Overview button but not seen any option for to assign one defect to multiple test cases.

Thank you.

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan.

In STWB_WORK you can do it if you open any test case and on tab messages add new line and put your message ID.

In my example I did via SOLMAN_WORKCENTER - test management - tester worklist. There in test package details you can find it.

Bye

rohan_shirude
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply.

I know that In STWB_WORK we can do it if we open any test case and on tab messages add new line and put your message ID.

But my main question is I want add one message id in 100 different test cases on the same time rather than opening each and every test case and add message id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan.

This kind of an action is not supported by any standard function as far as I know. Maybe the way out is through custom development.

A different approach could be done not from test management side, but from ITSM side, because test defect is simply an incident and you can create a problem and cover all of them in it. I presume that root cause of this problem is same for all of your 100 test cases.

Bye